Hello again, friends!
It has been a long time.
My easel has looked like this for some time now.
I wanted so much to try this technique.
I dug out the bee sketch I did a few weeks back,...
printed up the image I had sketched (enlarging it to the size I wanted to use in my piece),
rubbed pencil lead on the back of it,...
turned it over and taped it where I wanted it to be on my piece, and then traced the image so that it transferred onto my canvas.
I lightly added some more flower details to the canvas, and then decided to use some permanent calligraphy ink to mark parts of it.
I did not mark every line that I had sketched with the pencil, just the ones I chose to be in the piece.
Once I was finished with it, I took a picture of it and printed up several of the images onto some heavy cardstock paper in an attempt at doing some different techniques and colors like the colorful lion watercolor.
I will end this post here now and continue with what I came up with in a future post.
Thanks for stopping by! I do plan to come around more often as the plant sales have passed, and I am so happy to be back at the paintbrush once again.
Sharing at these great blog parties: